Honey and Mustard Roast Chicken Breast Salad with Avocado
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 00 ratings
Visit www.spaulyseasonalservings.com for more healthy recipes
For the Salad
mini fillets (or 2 breast)
small bag of salad leaves
peeled and sliced
handful of thawed sweetcorn
For the Dressing
red wine vinegar
1. First brine the chicken so it remains moist when cooked. Fill a small bowl 3/4 with warm water, add the salt, stir and pop in the chicken fillets making sure they are submersed. Leave for at least 15 minutes.
2. In a jar add all of the dressing ingredients except for the red wine vinegar and shake well to combine (or whisk in a bowl).
3. Remove the chicken breasts from water pat dry with some kitchen paper and place on a plate or bowl. Add half of your dressing mixture to the fillets rubbing all over so they are completely covered, set aside in fridge for at least 30 mins.
4. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees (fan) place the fillets in an oven dish, bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, heat a pan on medium heat and dry fry the pancetta cubes until crispy (around 2-3 mins) place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain excess fat and set aside to crisp up.
5. When the fillets are cooked leave to stand so they can rest while you assemble your salad, divide the salad ingredients between 2 serving dishes, diagonal slice the chicken breasts and place on top.
6. Add the teaspoon of red wine vinegar to the remainder of the dressing shake to mix and drizzle over the top, finishing off with a sprinkling of the cooked pancetta.
For me, this is plenty on it’s own but if you have some old bread you could add croutons as per the Caesar Salad recipe or serve with some Roast Potatoes, just leave out the balsamic vinegar or it will clash with the dressing in the salad
Heat a wok or frying pan medium hot, melt the coconut oil and stir fry the chicken, when almost cooked add the asparagus and broccoli, stir fry for a minute or so, meanwhile place the torn kale, chard and watercress leaves on your plate, sprinkle over half of the beetroot, carrot, spring onion, chilli and pomegranate, in a bowl mix the avocadowith the remaining spring onion, chilli, corianderand tomato, season, add the sweet chilli sauce to the chickenand season to taste if needed, serve the chicken on your saladwith all the juices from the pan and top with the remaining beetroot and carrot, andavocado mix
Mix together the mustard, lemon juice, oregano and olive oil to make a marinade. Pour the wine over the top, turn the potatoes and onions androast for another hour, turning the chicken when it is well browned on top